HOW IT WORKS:
The Soak Up the Sun Summer Distance Series is month-long virtual event in July that can be run and/or walked at your own pace, in your own time, from wherever you are! The Summer Distance Series has goal distances for everyone at every level and offers a new challenge each week.
This virtual event is designed to bring a new challenge each week to participants by building up mileage to conquer their final goal distance by the last week of July. Each week throughout the month of July participants can challenge themselves by training for and completing a new race distance. Similar to a "couch to 5K' type of training, each runner will build their mileage each week and compete in a weekly race at their set distance, with the ultimate goal to complete your final goal distance. The final goal distance you register for will determine your event distance for each week in July.
Summer Distance Series Options
Final Goal Distance
July 1 - 9
July 10 - 16
July 17 - 23
July 24 - 31
|Half Marathon/13.1 Miles
Half Marathon/13.1 Miles
||Half Marathon/13.1 Miles
- Sign up!
- Register online and select your goal distance level.
- You may register as an individual, or have a little fun and create a team!
- Run and or walk your distances!
- Throughout the month of July build up your mileage each week by completing all four races in your goal distance level. Log your results for each weekly race and make sure to complete your final goal distance by July 31st! – See an example below.
- Submit your results each week!
- Starting July 1st, log-in to your Rallybound account and manually enter each weekly distance as you complete it!
- Log-in to your Rallybound account
- Find your Summer Distance Series dashboard
- Click on the Summer Distance Series tab
- Click on Enter Activity, fill out the necessary information and select Add Activity
- Treadmill miles count too!
- Please only enter one result per week
- Take photos!
- We want to see your Summer Distance Series photos! Post any pictures of your runs and celebrations to social media tagging @runforautism and use the hashtag #RUNFORAUTISM.
Example – Final goal Distance registered for is 10K/6.2 miles:
- Week 1 –July 1st - July 9th – Run/walk 2 miles before July 9th to complete your first goal. The date of your 2-mile event is your official race entry for that week. Please submit the results on your Rallybound page.
- Week 2 – July 10th – 16th – Building off week 1 mileage, your new goal is to run/walk a 5K (3.1 Miles) by July 16th. The date of your 5K (3.1 miles) event is your official race entry for that week. Please submit the results on your Rallybound page.
- Week 3 – July 17th – 23rd – Building off week 2 mileage, your new goal is to run/walk an 8K (5 Miles) by July 23rd. The date of your 8K (5 miles) event is your official race entry for that week. Please submit the results on your Rallybound page.
- Week 4 – July 24th – 31st – Final goal distance week! Building off week 3 mileage, your final goal is to run/walk a 10K (6.2 Miles) by July 31st. The date of your 10K (6.2 miles) event is your official race entry for that week. Please submit the results on your Rallybound page.
Participants who register by June 21st will receive their race tank and finisher item in mid-July. Participants who register after June 21st might not receive their race tank and finisher item until after the Summer Distance Series has ended on July 31st.
*Registration fee counts towards fundraising
|Soak Up The Sun Summer Distance Series
|Early registration by May 31: $30
June 1 - June 30: $35
July 1 - July 31: $40
Click the REGISTRATION button to register today!
Registration Fee Includes:
- Registration for goal distance
- Summer Distance Series race tank top (men's & women's sizing available)
- Summer Distance Series finisher item
- Digital finisher certificate
- Fundraise for Swag!
- Take your support one step further and set up a fundraiser to earn awesome swag!
- $250 raised - A RUN FOR AUTISM swag item of your choice from the options below
- $500 raised - A second RUN FOR AUTISM swag item of your choice from the options below
- Separate prizes are also available for top individual fundraisers and the top team fundraisers.
- Fundraising swag will be mailed out after the Summer Distance Series has ended on July 31st.