All proceeds from the Active for Autism Virtual 5K & Kids Dash will go to OAR’s Changing Lives Fund and will be used solely for direct research and programs support.
In November, OAR will allocate the available funds to support new research studies. Our goal is to raise $80,000, enough to fully fund two research studies. Any funds raised over $80,000 will go to support OAR’s mission to apply research to the challenges of autism.
The name of the fund comes from OAR’s mission tasks: Raise Money. Fund Research. Change Lives. Through your support for the Active For Autism Virtual 5K & Kids Dash, you are directly supporting OAR’s ultimate objective, to change lives. Here’s how:
1. Register and participate in the Active for Autism Virtual 5K & Kids Dash.
2. Make a donation.
3. Create a personal fundraising page and commit to raise at least $100.
4. Form a team and set a team fundraising goal.
1. Your registration fee and all funds raised will directly fund new OAR research studies that will begin in January 2022.
2. Anyone who donates $100 and all fundraisers who meet or exceed $100 will be invited to vote for the two studies that most interest them after OAR has reviewed and selected the grant-worthy studies.
1. By your supporting for with autism and their families through the Active for Autism Virtual 5K & Kids Dash.
2. By donating and raising money for the Changing Lives Fund.
3. By helping identify the studies to receive a grants from the Changing Lives Fund.
4. By living the example of acceptance, generosity, and kindness you demonstrated by your participation in the Active for Autism Virtual 5K & Kids Dash.