I have decided to run the 2023 Marine Corps Marathon this coming October. Partnering with Organization for Autism Research [OAR], which provides resources to individuals on the spectrum as well as their families, any contribution [with money or word of mouth] would mean a lot, please.
Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by our race team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $40,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.
Much appreciated for your time and consideration to support me and this organization.